Thursday, May 19, 2011

What a "Weak"

This Tuesday I had my most fearful experience to date. I was talking with my parents and saying goodnight to my dad before he left for the evening and I felt a rush come over me. I had been standing for several minutes talking to them and then WHAM, I lost consciousness. I had not done this yet and I was really scared. I believe a lot of it is that I didn’t eat that evening. I did have milk and a large lunch, though. I am not sure what happened but I need to talk to my doctor about it anyhow. Very strange indeed!
Wednesday I felt so weak like I wasn’t even able to walk without wanting to crumple to the floor. I had a mandatory seminar or I would have stayed home. I sat through the seminar and got a lot out of it; however, I was in agony with weakness and fatigue and my back felt like fire. I can safely say that Wednesday was a pretty terrible day for me all around with the pain.
During the day today, I felt like a million bucks in comparison to the way I have been feeling. I just had so much energy in the day and I was so happy to finally have that for a change. I couldn’t believe it! When I got in the car to come home I did have some signs that my evening wasn’t going to be as pleasant, though. My back began to twinge, my head began to feel a little bit worse (my headache has still not totally gone away for 5 months now), and my feet began cramping. When I got to the house my feet began cramping pretty bad and my back began to feel worse. I am so sad that I started feeling bad at home but I am SO very grateful to have one work day that I felt decent. Praise God for that!
A symptom I keep forgetting to mention to you all is my fatigue and weakness. I mentioned it earlier in this blog entry when I was weak after the fainting episode but I don’t believe I’ve mentioned it before then. It’s been my most annoying symptom so far. I can’t even wash my hair without taking a break or two because my arms start burning because of the weakness and fatigue. I’ve stopped straightening my hair like I used to because I cannot withstand the time it takes to fix my hair. My life now consists of having my hair in a ponytail or a bun. When I fix my hair, even with a ponytail or bun, I have to take a break, too. Can you imagine how frustrating that is for me? I love my hair and how long it is…but it’s really painful to style right now. I’m hopeful that one day I will be able to have my long beautiful hair again. One day at a time, one symptom at a time…

No comments:

Post a Comment