Monday, May 16, 2011

What a Pain

What a way to begin my day, with a migraine. It really frustrates me that I now have this extreme pain every few days that the doctors cannot figure out how to relieve. I have no medication that can keep this pain from happening and the sensitivity is becoming more and more intense with each new migraine. I had to miss work today, which if you know me is very unlike me. I just knew driving to work was going to be very painful with the sun rising and the natural light shining in my eyes. I love sunshine; I even have the word tattooed on my foot. With this disorder, though, sunshine can be my worst enemy. That is very frustrating.
Luckily the increase in some of my meds has helped some of my other symptoms like the burning pain in the back. It’s still a warm sensation but hasn’t increased, so that’s definitely worth celebrating. The neurological meds have kept my hands, arms and legs from being numb for almost a month now, that is the best news so far! The pain meds help keep my stabbing pain at bay and the pain level drops from an 8 to a 4 which is a major victory. The only issues that have not yet been assisted are the excruciating foot spasms and the migraines. Those, unfortunately, have always been the worst pain of all. I truly hope that we can find something to help me with those two conditions.
My pain management doctor wants me to see a neurologist. I am already under the care of a neurosurgeon and he believes that a neurologist will help. I believe that is a good plan. If anyone knows a good doctor in the Austin area, please let me know because I really need all the help I can get!
I want to end today’s entry by sending my thanks to everyone who has been keeping me in their thoughts and prayers. This has been quite an adventure for me and with it being a lifetime illness; it’s something that I hope everyone continues to keep in their thoughts. Thanks again for being great friends and keeping up with my disorder. Your support means so much more than you know. If you want to share my story with anyone you are welcome to do so. The more people that know about Syringomyelia, the greater chance we have for finding answers on how to cure it. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment