Saturday, May 14, 2011

Change Brings Hope?

It’s been a while since I updated this and I apologize. It has been a very hectic week for me and I believe all of the stress that came from this week has really taken a toll on my body. Quite unfortunate, but I’ll get through it!
I went to the pain management doctor this Wednesday and he changed my medications up a bit. He took me off one medication and replaced it with another for my foot, leg and now hip spasms. Yes, I actually got a Charlie horse in my hip…can you believe that? I feel like each week I gain a new bizarre symptom that there is no explanation for and it’s very perplexing. This week I have had several occasions of foot cramps but Tuesday was the worst. That was the night where my hip had the spasm. I’m still very unclear how it all began but I did realize that hip cramps are much stranger than the other spasms. I truly hope this new medication does the trick.
My other medications have been increased as well. I have also been given more neurological meds to try to tame the burning pain and a change in my OCD meds to also try to offset the pain in the back with Cymbalta. I have taken this medication to try to help the OCD many times in the past and it’s not the most beneficial drug in the world for me but if it can help my pain I’ll try just about anything these days!
I had a migraine for two of the days since the last post which I guess is an improvement right? Today I just have a little bit worse of my constant (now 5 month) headache. My neck and back are hurting and I am having some serious twitching of the entire body, especially when I relax to go to sleep. I think I want to have a video made so I can watch the twitches occur. I’m sure it happens a lot and they wake me in the night when they are strong enough. I can’t remember when I slept through a night without a twitch, spasm, or sharp shooting pain. I really miss sleep.
I guess you can all tell by the tone of my blog today that this has been a very rough week for me. I can only hope that it gets better. I’ve tried very hard to talk about this in positive terms but it’s very difficult when I realize this is a lifelong issue that I really need to learn to cope with. Coping is something that I am generally good at doing and adapting is another strong suit of mine; however, for some reason when it comes to my SM I’m having a harder time adapting to the fact that I shouldn’t be lifting, straining or doing anything to hurt my condition. It will get better, it has to…right?

No comments:

Post a Comment