Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Second MRI

I had my MRI today. This is my second one since being diagnosed in March. I went to the same radiological center so that the same radiologist can read my MRI and give me the most accurate results.

When I went into the office I ended up being in the same dressing room and almost had the same locker to put my clothes in…number five which has now become my most unlucky number. Anyhow, I ended up having my MRI on my cervical, thoracic and lumbar sections. I thought I would be there for three hours like I was last time; however, I was pleasantly surprised when the tech told me that I would not need to have a contrast MRI this time. I was so pleased! That cut out an entire hour of MRI time!

Despite the pleasantries of not having an additional hour of MRI time, I did have some displeasure, too. I did have to lay flat on my back with the stabilizer on my neck and head for an entire hour without a break. I was in agony by the time the test was over! I did have several instances where I twitched and I was afraid I was going to have to sit there for hours to redo imaging, but I only had to redo one of the series. I was glad it only took an hour because I was on the verge of screaming in pain by the end.  After all that, I don’t know what the results are but I will keep you posted as soon as I find out!

My symptoms for the day are quite a bit milder than yesterday. I do have the always present headache, weakness, twitching , foot cramps, back and neck pain and fatigue in my muscles. I am feeling quite weak and dizzy right now and I’m not sure if it is the lack of sleep, the pain from the MRI or the overwhelming fear that my syrinx (cyst) has grown. I will be alright either way, but I am just fearful that surgery is coming and I am not ready to take that step, yet. I’m praying for a miracle that the Syringomyelia is gone in this report…but all signs are pointing to a growth in my syrinx. 

No comments:

Post a Comment