Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ergonomic Life


This weekend has been a pretty rough one for me. I spent the majority of the weekend lying down watching Netflix trying to get my back to stop throbbing. For some reason my back is now hurting lower than usual. I’m wondering if it is because I am overcompensating for the upper back pain.

My headaches have increased and they are starting to be a lot more irritating. I feel like I’m constantly battling these and it’s getting pretty frustrating. I have a feeling that my symptoms are increasing because I’m stressed out because my oldest child starts kindergarten tomorrow. That’s just happening too quickly!

Anyhow, I am just battling the regular symptoms lately and nothing new has surfaced. I do twitch a bit more frequently and I am having more intense headaches. The back has felt a bit better in the shoulder blade section and the upper and lower back have taken the brunt of the pain lately. I’ve received a demo chair at work that will likely help me to relieve some of the pressure on my spinal cord. There’s not much I can do about my neck region because I use the computer so frequently. They have recommended that I use something that will allow me to stand and work, as well. I am going to ask my superiors if I can utilize that item because I think it will relieve pressure on my spinal cord, too.

I have decided I am in need of a more ergonomic lifestyle. I am going to hope that my superiors allow me to be ergonomic at work, but I am also going to pursue becoming more ergonomic at home. I tend to work on my computer a lot at home and lately I've been doing that laying flat on my back with pillows behind my neck. This seems to be helping but I am going to start researching methods to become more ergonomic so I won't develop more symptoms as quickly as I have been lately. I do hope to overcome this pain and being more thoughtful in my work habits will allow me to do that more effectively. If anyone has any ergonomic tips, I would greatly appreciate them!

No comments:

Post a Comment