Tuesday, April 12, 2011

No Pain No Gain?

“In times of great stress or adversity, it's always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.” -Lee Iacocca
I am trying so hard to live my life like this but with the pain I have been in lately it’s hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel and stay positive. I woke up today feeling just like I did yesterday. That was really very discouraging for me. The pain in my left shoulder has actually intensified if you can believe that. My mother saw my shoulder today and commented that I was really bruised. I hadn’t noticed because it is in a location I cannot see. When I had her take a picture with my phone and show me I realized that the shot was no laughing matter…that thing was brutal!
I go back to work today and I have been struggling with the thought of hurting through another work day. I wish that I could have one day of relief. I miss feeling “normal.” I plan on feeling better, but I know that the process is going to take some time. I pray every day that this will subside.
My left hand went numb today when I went to pick up my kiddos from school. I hadn’t had that in about a week and a half. I, of course, commented on how happy I was that it has not happened for a while and I realized that was my downfall. If things are going good I should just thank my lucky stars and keep my mouth closed. I really do like bask in sunshine of my daily victories, though. I’m keeping my head up and will push through this, but some days are much tougher than others. I will get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment