Monday, November 26, 2012

Home Stretch

Today I went to the perinatal doctor to see if my non related placenta issues were resolved. The great news is, everything has worked itself out and I am no longer at risk for Placenta Previa! That means that Mr. Colin is doing well. I also went to the regular OB today to see how things were going for my routine appointment and to have my glucose screening. I talked to the doctor about scheduling the c-section; however, they have not had my patient care conference to discuss all my options.
 
In this patient care conference they will discuss my anesthesia options, my overall health and all that has to do with the delivery of my sweet Colin. My doctor seems to think everything should be fine but couldn't give me any specifics. The reason for the anesthesia quandary is related to the syringomyelia. They just want to make sure the cyst doesn't grow any larger.
 
On a positive note, my son is growing VERY well and actually already weighs 3 pounds 5 ounces and is in the 79% of babies in his gestational week. Thank goodness he is super healthy because it makes me feel better emotionally even when my spine is feeling like it might just rip right out of my back! I have now started the two week appointment cycle so I will have more updates on the c-section date as they are able to schedule it. I'm in my third trimester and have only 12 weeks to go if I reach 40 weeks. I am so excited to meet this little guy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment