Monday, September 10, 2012

Pregnancy and Syringomyelia/Chiari

Well it has been quite some time since I have posted and it was for a great reason...I found out I'm pregnant! I am presently 17 weeks and have been trying to acclimate to the lifestyle pregnancy and a neurological disorder provide to me. I wish I could say that it has been a smooth ride the entire time, but as you who have chronic pain understand, it is not an easy feat in normal circumstances much less with pregnancy added onto everything! I can no longer take medication to keep my symptoms at bay so this will be a difficult 9 months but the outcome will be a beautiful baby and it will have been well worth the pain.

First Trimester:

My first trimester went by without much of a commotion which was very nice. I didn't have morning sickness, I had limited pain (as limited as possible), and not a lot of syringomyelia or chiari symptoms. I was beginning to thing that pregnancy was my miracle pain reliever...NOPE! 

Second Trimester:

Well I am about a month into my second trimester and for most pregnant women, this is the best possible time. Most expectant mothers love this time because they can begin feeling the baby move, feel less morning sickness and get more energy. Unfortunately for me, it appears to be the opposite. I felt much better the first 13 weeks. I am extremely tired, in more pain than I was previously, and my symptoms have returned. I have discovered my twitches have returned, the burning in my face is back, the sensitive skin has come back full force and the fatigue, well I'm fighting sleep right now because I want to finish the blog!

On a positive note, the baby is doing very well and has passed all of the pre-screenings with flying colors. We will meet our little sweetheart in February and we are very excited!

Our Precious Baby - Due between 2/9/13 & 2/17/13

1 comment:

  1. Child Psychologist Reveals Baby Sleep Secret

    By doing this 1 weird trick, can you really get your baby to sleep in less than one minute?

    This really works: It's the #1 most important discovery for parents in over 25 years!

    Not only that, but it works free of harmful chemicals, gimmicks or gizmos that cost a lot but do little ...

    Fact is, research from the Stanford Sleep lab shows that this simple 27-second trick added to your parenting routine allows your child to sleep through the nigh.

    It activates the pineal gland flushing your little one’s body with melatonin, the save yet utterly effective sleep hormone… you'll discover exactly how at the link below:

    Click here ===> 27-second trick INSTANTLY puts babies to rest and helps them sleep through the night <=== <<<








    ReplyDelete